There are very few things that spoil my day like a smelly dustbin. During summertime, I’ve noticed that my dustbin sometimes gets a bit… funky. I don’t mean it breaks out in dance moves or tells knock-knock jokes, I mean it gets this funky smell.
So, I did what every millennial does when they come up against an issue in their home life; I Googled a bit and came across this amazing recipe for freshener tabs on the Clean Mama blog:
- 2 cups Baking Soda
- 1 cup Epsom Salt
- up to ¼ cup water
- 15 drops Essential Oils – lemon, peppermint, and lavender are great choices
- Silicone Ice cube Tray – the silicone is best as these tabs get quite hard and you’ll get them out easier when using the silicone tray. A tip for those who don’t have silicone ice trays can be found below!
1. In a bowl, stir to combine the baking soda and epsom salt. Slowly add the water, fizzing is normal – until it’s a thick and crumbly paste. Add the essential oils and combine.
2. Push the mixture into the trays and allow to dry for at least 24 hours – outside in the sun works best. If you don’t have a silicone ice tray, you can use a small scoop or spoon and pack the mixture into a ball, turn out onto a cookie sheet and dry 24 hours or until hard.
3. Put your cubes in a pretty glass bottle and use anywhere you need a nice, fresh smell.
Let us know how this turned out for you!
Follow them here:
Instagram | Facebook | Website | Pinterest | Twitter